# CloudMeUp Answers
## LibreHosters Questionaire
0. _what is your nickname?_
1. _what is the name of the collective you are going to talk about to answer these questions?_
- 2015: a9i and [risca](https://archive.fosdem.org/2017/schedule/speaker/riccardo_scartozzi_risca/) present CloudMeUp as a proof of concept of self-hosting services at [Debian/Ubuntu Community Conference Italia](https://web.archive.org/web/20160307042813/http://ducc.it/programma)
- 2016: a9i and risca constitute [SOFTWARE WORKERS](http://softwareworkers.it/) as a limited liability company
- January 2018: a9i takes over as a sole proprietor and funds the project CloudMeUp for a two years development program
- September 2018: CloudMeUp kickoff, definition of MVP and setup of working environment.
1. _In the present, how many admins are there in your collective? How many of these are volunteers, how many are paid?_
Four people involved: some assigments are paid.
1. _What services do you offer?_
Currently just email.
1. _Roughly how many users do you have?_
Service is in beta and we have only one customer: an accounting firm with ten users.
1. _What kind of users do you aim for?_
Anyone for free services, small companies for premium services
1. _What backup mechanisms do you use in case your servers catch fire?_
Currently We have local backup; a proper solution is under analysis.
1. _Do you charge for services? / How do you fund to cover expenses?_
We have a freemium business model.
Start-up costs are self-fundend.
1. _If you are a volunteer, would you work comfortably within a network where collectives employ people?_
We are both free software hacktivist **and** professionals, so, YES
1. _If you are a in a collective that employs people, would you work comfortably with collectives with only volunteers?_
YES (see above)
1. _How do you decide, how are hierarchies within your collective?_
We are so small ... Anyway, do-ocracy and different levels of experience and seniority are good drives for decisions.
1. _Would you sign these manifestos?_
1. _what you would want from the project of this syndicate / network of tech collectives?_
- standard for interoperability among libre hosters
- promote sharing of FLOSS code, in the context of IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
1. _Would you work comfortably in this network if the network itself employed worker/s?_
1. _Where are your servers hosted?_